 Trains / 8858
Re: LEGO Desert Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:44:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.build, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Alco, or American Locomotive Works,

Misteak- American Loco Company, Schenctady, NY

James, if you're going to go into "rivet counting mode" (1), make sure you
spell everything right in your nitpicks! :-) Schenectady is closer to
correct but may or may not be 100% there either.

their subsidiary Montreal Locomotive Works-

no, seperate company, not subsidiary.

I believe MLW was a subsidiary at some point or another, but they went
independent somewhere. Who owns them now is not as interesting to me.
Especially since Bombardier is French Canadian, and the Quebecois combine
the worst characteristics of the French AND the Canadians. LOL.

It's comforting to know that I can quickly bang out a nice answer on 4 hours
sleep but count on you to correct the minor errors. We make a great team. :-)

1 - see rec.models.railroad for some discussions on this affectation.

++Lar