 Trains / *4067 (-20)
  Re: Container grabber

(...) But not very well. They have a tendency to pop out again. At least that's been my experience. Anyone have any clues as to how to get them to stay? (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container grabber

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:02:08 GMT, Allan J Smith uttered the following profundities... (...) For those with the tractor wheel links, the inside "tubes" of 1x4 plates fit into the holes on the links.... (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Track electrical resistance

Hi everyone, Yesterday I did some experiment with a spiral consisting of 75 straight and 48 curved rails. I also test the switch and the new + crossing rail. Following are the results. 1. The electrical resistance of one side of a straight or curved (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: URLs for Train area?

This is a good general reference link. It's the NMRA or National Model Railroad Association. It has links to a lot of good resources including links to most major US prototype railroads (URL) you're safer doing it as (URL) as that link redirects to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: URLs for Train area?

Suzanne D. Rich wrote in message ... (...) that I (...) your (...) be (...) lists (...) that (...) like to (...) wish. Sorry for not e-mailing... I'm getting tired of OE crashing when I exit OE after sending an e-mail (which uses Outlook 98)... If (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Interesting (old) Editorial

As I was thumbing through some of my old MRC's (Model Railway Constructor, gone since 87), I came across the following little gem of a statement: "It is arguable that the Lego train sets, expensive and unrealistic as they may be, represent the most (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  URLs for Train area?

Hi all, When I first put up links on the lugnet/trains page, I just picked a few that I knew were significant. Now that I have a bit more time to devote, I need your expert advice on how to make it more complete. Could you let me know what you would (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train: Cisalpino

(...) pantagraphs (...) I don't know. I would like to know. Anyone.... (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train: Cisalpino

(...) Are some for diferent frek's? (16.6 Hz, 50/60 25KVA, 1500VDC) James (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train: Cisalpino

(...) Like it or not: They're not in the same vertical plane. ;-) Just something I slapped on the roof to try out- give a simple hint of character kinda similar to some of the real Cisalpino pictures. Maybe I've seen someone else try this same (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train: Cisalpino

(...) I've got the parts list sussed, where I am a little stuck is how the two arms come together at the very top. the 1x1 tiles can't both be in the same vertical plane. (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Couplers (was Re: Do you need plates or/and 1x? bricks?

Larry, the turntable will add a little bit of flex. Considering that John's trains are really long, the angle is substantially less than one would get with 6 wide trains. Also, I would be willing to bet that John is limited to slopes of 1 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train: Cisalpino

I dunno, the pantographs are pretty self evident: 2 2.5 tiles with fingers 2 3L rods with 2/3 fingers 2 1.5L rods with 3 fingers/stud 2 1x1 tiles with clip 1 chrome rod (you could also probably use the grey rod from the STAPs) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Couplers (was Re: Do you need plates or/and 1x? bricks?

(...) Were you going to mount that turntable sideways? I'm taking about flexing around a horizontal axis of rotation (that is, in a vertical plane)... so I don't see how the turntable helps matters. (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train: Cisalpino

Can you post some more closeup views of your pantographs? I want to see more on how you did those, they look interesting. The rest of the train has a lot of promise too. I need to think more about how to utilize that skirted truck effect you've been (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New train: Cisalpino

Working on a new passenger train...yea, it's European. The Cisalpino runs lines between Italy and Switzerland. My first, and incomplete, version can be seen in "preview" form at: (URL) the critics yell! I'd love helpful comments toward improving (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) Of course, to go along with it, what would be nice would be a full series of connectors. A brick with 2 opposing side studs would not be a POOP (unless there's some pieces I don't know about), nor would a brick with 2 studs on adjecent sides, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty Track

Wow, thats a great sight, I don't know how I missed it in the past. I like the track cleaner, but I think I'd add an extra set of cleaners to get the inside of the track rail a little better, since that is were the current comes from. jt Nick Goetz (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:38914796.7E99BE...est.net... (...) turntable (...) I would like to see the decoupler for that beast! Accidental decoupling wouldn't happen, but then intentional decoupling would be very (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:ensynBAwFXk4Ewo...n.co.uk... (...) Not entirely! Although it technically is a POOP, try to use the 1x1 technic brick with the stud pin in a corner. You will end up having the one of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact