 Trains / 3921
Re: New Couplers (was Re: Do you need plates or/and 1x? bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:30:45 GMT

Larry, the turntable will add a little bit of flex.  Considering that John's
trains are really long, the angle is substantially less than one would get
with 6 wide trains.  Also, I would be willing to bet that John is limited to
slopes of 1 plate/track length, as higher grades are too tough on the motor
considering the amount of bricks it is pulling.  I think it needs to be
looked at closely, but it is quite possible that the turntable will provide
enough vertical slack.

Mike Poindexter

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
John Neal wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

John Neal wrote:

What I'd really like is to try using these pieces to hitch my cars:
http://home.att.net/~partsref/images/3639.gif  and
http://home.att.net/~partsref/images/3640.gif

Fascinating. How are you going to allow for flex on grades?

Well, Spock (or Tuvok).... I thought that attaching each to a 2x2 • turntable
would allow for enough give.

Were you going to mount that turntable sideways? I'm taking about
flexing around a horizontal axis of rotation (that is, in a vertical
plane)... so I don't see how the turntable helps matters.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!