 Trains / 3928
Re: URLs for Train area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 23:51:22 GMT

Suzanne D. Rich wrote in message ...
Hi all,

When I first put up links on the lugnet/trains page, I just picked a few • that I
knew were significant. Now that I have a bit more time to devote, I need • your
expert advice on how to make it more complete.

Could you let me know what you would like to see there? The links need not • be
restricted to LEGO Train sites. They should lead to whatever would be most
helpful -- to both new-comers and experienced builders/users. For instance,
general resources for model RR'ers, links to unusual building inspiration, • lists
of lists, electrical info, cool physical places to visit, or books/supplies • that
are recommended. The list can be sub-sectioned for whatever makes the most
sense.

If you have suggestions, please mail them to me at: trains@baseplate.com

In future, there will be a much better system for this, but for now I'd • like to
use e-mail. I can post a preliminary list here later for discussion if you
wish.

Sorry for not e-mailing... I'm getting tired of OE crashing when I exit OE
after sending an e-mail (which uses Outlook 98)... If anyone has some
suggestions of a good lightweight newsreader which doesn't need an external
mail program to send mail, and allows a three paneled display of newsgroups,
article list, and article where the article display can be made the full
height (unfortunately, current versions of Netscape fail this test, they
only allow a full width article display below the group and article lists,
or a full height group list with the article list and article to the right,
version 3 of Netscape allowed full height article display on the right, and
the group list and article list stacked above each other on the left), let
me know.

I have a LEGO train links page at

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/town-and-train.html

I've tried to categorize things. I'd suggest picking up the "Top Town and
Train Sites" (the train ones only of course) for the trains page, and point
to my links page as one of the "for more links see...".

For general discussion, if there are any pages you find yourself always
visiting which are not shown on this list, please let me know, and of course
in any of the categories, you find sites missing, again, let me know (I do
have a backlog of stuff to process, but if you send me a concise e-mail
listing sites to consider, that will make it that much easier to process).
Of course if you think additional categories would be useful, feel free to
let me know that also.

Frank