 Trains / 3923
Re: New train: Cisalpino
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:54:32 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

I dunno, the pantographs are pretty self evident:
    2 2.5 tiles with fingers
    2 3L rods with 2/3 fingers
    2 1.5L rods with 3 fingers/stud
    2 1x1 tiles with clip
    1 chrome rod (you could also probably use the grey rod from the STAPs)

I've got the parts list sussed, where I am a little stuck is how the two
arms come together at the very top. the 1x1 tiles can't both be in the
same vertical plane.

Like it or not:  They're not in the same vertical plane.  ;-)
Just something I slapped on the roof to try out- give a simple hint of
character kinda similar to some of the real Cisalpino pictures.  Maybe I've
seen someone else try this same pantagraph design- can't remember.  Maybe
someone else can get the design more symmetric?

From the looks of the many Cisalpino photos, it looks like either different
train sets might use different pantagraphs, or there are different pantagraphs
on different cars versus engines?  I haven't paid that close attention to
detail.

later,
James