 Trains / *3072 (-20)
  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

(...) <snipped some good analysis> (...) The people who order power are usually thinking strategically, that is, what is the mix of loads, the track weight capability, the grades, etc, and how is it going to change over the 20+ year service life of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) or (...) So does Toronto. (although 2 operators) RT, Subway, GO train, Streetcar. Also, if you go to Rockwood, where all the good old streetcars go, you would find out about the light rail that went out that far. As late as the 1948, the TTC (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

Oops I foot noted without foot noting! [1] "The Great Book of Trains", Brian Hollingsworth and Arthur Cook, Salamander Books Ltd, London 1998, ISBN 0 86101 919 9. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

My thinking was this: I did not want to give up on the SD 40-2 because of the six wheel per truck issue, but I knew I would need a four wheel per truck to provide power for my train if I made the SD 40-2 a dummy engine which I did to make the six (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) Budd (...) powered, (...) was (...) I (...) Interesting. I put a search for Buddliner into Altavista, and the first entry it popped up was for the Lexington and West Cambridge railroad, whose right of way (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) Yes. Buddliners (note the extra D). THERE's a hybrid. These evolved out of Budd RDCs, I think, and I have heard of versions of these that are Diesel powered, electric powered and unpowered. The unpowered ones are the so called "first (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Resubmission of: Trailer on Flatcar (TOFC)

(...) roadrailer yes.. ideas ideas.. i might go ahead and use that! (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) or (...) of (...) ground (...) level (...) tracks. (...) There is also some commuter rail which is self powered, though I think Budliners are getting rare. I used to ride these into Boston quite (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) Yes. Time for a little lesson: Commuter: rolling stock built to freight/passenger railroad standards, typically operates on freight right of way (ROW). Couplers typically interoperate with freight/amtrak stock. Power is usually locomotive (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) commuter (...) and I might have enough windows to do it too. What I was talking about were the elevated trains. They are like subway trains like from "Money Train" or "Mercury Rising". But thanks for the help and the idea!!! Mike (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

The GP35 is rather a boring engine in appearance. If you could pull off a GP30, that would be spectacular! Due to some "hacks" at design time, they have rather elaborate and ungainly fairing on the top of the hood which is a result of the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

Well, Chris- A GP35 was 56' 2"; an SD45 was 65' 8" (EMD used the longer underframe of SD45 as a standard, which was then used for the SD38, SD39, and SD40). The main difference, however, is that the GPs were a B-B (4-4) wheel configuration, while (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

According to what I just looked up a GP-35 is 56'-2" long, while the SD40's length was about 66'-5". There's a ten foot difference there which would be noticable at LEGO scale. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trailer on Flatcar (TOFC)

(...) Actually, this was meant to be 3 separate autonomus files. Just Copy & Paste one, save it as the filename listed on line 2, then do the same to the second, then the third. If LDLite can't receive colors #277 and #391, Then find a compromise in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

My train book list the length of one of these engines but not the other (cannot remember which one at the moment). I have pictures of both, but the big question remains; are they the same lenght or is one longer than the other? If one is longer than (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Resubmission of: Trailer on Flatcar (TOFC)

(...) LDLite isn't displaying it properly. This happens with certain MPD files, but I don't know why. I'd suggest downloading it and using one of the programs that splits .mpd files to view it correctly. Jeff P.S. This is the main reason I support (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Resubmission of: Trailer on Flatcar (TOFC)

(...) <snipped dat> Well, I am not sure what this is, but it is not a TOFC IMHO. Until the last step I thought it was kind of "roadrailer"-ish. But that big yellow front part baffles me. Either that or LDLite is displaying it wrong... A TOFC is a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) Don't bother modifying. Just start over. If you want Chicago Commuter, you are talking Bilevel. Those black depressed center plates are PERFET for center door bilevels. Go look at the metroliner club car for some ideas on how to do bilevels, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Household uses for LEGO

In the company that I work for (a manufacturing company focuses on products from Al/cu pipes for appliances industry), we generally design and produce our own machinery to produce something specific when the production numbers are high. The (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Magnetic couplers

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 03:44:27 GMT, "Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote: <snip> (...) Counting spine cars as multiple cars is indeed a prototypical practice. Train length on the NS computers is calculated by the number of cars you have. Once you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact