 Trains / 2959
Re: 4561 modifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 00:17:09 GMT

Michael Perri wrote:

Has anyone made any modifications to 4561.  I think it COULD be a nice train
but it needs help.  And I need some help for ideas.  I was think of a • commuter
like in Chicago.  Help.

       Mike

Don't bother modifying. Just start over.

If you want Chicago Commuter, you are talking Bilevel. Those black
depressed center plates are PERFET for center door bilevels. Go look at
the metroliner club car for some ideas on how to do bilevels, then go
look at Ben's recent blackwindow superliner for some more, and take some
pics of what you come up with and I'll tell you why it rocks and why it
doesnt... :-)

--You are talking about the Metra right?  I never thought of building that
and I might have enough windows to do it too.  What I was talking about were
the elevated trains. They are like subway trains like from "Money Train"
or "Mercury Rising".

But thanks for the help and the idea!!!

             Mike