 Trains / *25995 (-20)
  Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

(...) You'll need more than a program, you'll need to make sensors of some sort, as sensors that detect magnets are not on offer from LEGO. Chris Phillips made some (reedswitch based, I think) sensors, and documented what he did. it requires some (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

Magnets, righto. How do I do that? I've spent most of today trying to put together a program for a pressure pad triggered setup, haven't had any sucess. Same with a light program. I don't have any idea how to use magnets. Do you have a program I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Red Track (was: Say What???)

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:I8tyrF.1vqr@lugnet.com... (...) mmm, needs lights! (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Red Track (was: Say What???)

(...) Ack! Don't give them any ideas! "Space Train", anyone? With trans-neon-yellowgreen tracks? (URL) trans-neon-yellowgreen tracks>> Steve (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

Anyone have any tips on programming the crossing so it works (...) Yes, go with magnets! :) I put my programme in the RCX 3 times, each time changing the light sensor to a higher setting. It worked great the 1st time in a shopping mall, but our (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Say What???

(...) Lego's new shade of gray - GRED! After reading all the other posts and finding the true origins of this section of track I'm relieved that this is not a new shade of gray Lego is trying to push on us! -Patrick (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tanker 10016 Out of Stock

It probably is sold out, I am able to buy all other cars wholesale, but 10016 is not available, 10013/14/15/17 are, so probably gone, guard them well!!! (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Great question, and one that I might have some insight on, since I am on a number of different club mailing lists. The answer is "it depends". I would say that the majority of clubs do not practice setup in advance but just turn up on the day. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) As a matter of interest, and linked to this subkect, do the US train clubs hold shows/events where every member turns up with a few modules and scenery straight from their homes, rather than holding all the tables/lego in one place? (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

(...) The red/white bar is called the crossing gate I think. I don't think there are any fancy/complicated names for the parts. (...) I think it was not NGLTC, but rather GFLTC, specifically Robin Werner's work. I think Robin put up a link to info (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Sprinters come in short and long wheelbase versions as well as in low and high roof versions (so you get 4 possible cubics, plus all the door and window options). I bet the long wheelbase Transit is about the same capacity, or perhaps smaller, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Tanker 10016 Out of Stock

I do not know if this is old news, but the 10016 Tanker is listed as "Sold Out' on the S@H website. I hope not because I would like to add some more cars to the collection. (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) The standard thing for UK model railway exhibitions is that the organisers pay travelling expenses (i.e. van hire and petrol (gas)) within reason and normally provide lunch for exhibitors. (Traders of course have to pay to be there) (...) A (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Say What???

(...) Works for me. Alternativly try (URL) and clicking on the Lego link. The link for the red track info is near the bottom of the page. Another method might be a google search for lucajuventino (one word) and navigatng from there Tim (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Sorry, two questions - First, model railway clubs pay you to hire a van? How does that work? Why would they pay you? Second, did you realize that while some enlightened Americans may have heard of a Ford Transit, they've probably never seen (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Say What???

(...) That URL was garbled. Can you try it again? (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) I'm surprised you would use inches as your base measurement, since you are based in Europe. Why didn't you just use the simple formula 1 stud = 8 mm? (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

(...) sweet. that's one of the better solutions i've seen for this. i think it was the ltc from georga that had the automated grade crossing at brickfest 2003. from what i remember it was very relyable and worked with magnents and a light sensor. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Red Track (was: Say What???)

(...) Anyone caught with prototypes outside would be caught red-handed. (...) Cute red ghost on that page. pete.w (c'mon Lego how about transparent-whatever train track) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

What the heck are they called? I know the whole thing is referred to as a grade crossing, but other than crossbucks, I don't know what to call it. Anyways, I cooked this up recently: (3 URLs) It's going to be part of a larger module with a road (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact