 Trains / 23842
Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:04:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   What the heck are they called? I know the whole thing is referred to as a grade crossing, but other than crossbucks, I don’t know what to call it. Anyways, I cooked this up recently:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Trains/Signals/pict1639.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Trains/Signals/pict1640.jpg

It’s going to be part of a larger module with a road bridge and grade crossing. Anyone have any tips on programming the crossing so it works reliably in all light conditions?

-Stefan-

sweet. that’s one of the better solutions i’ve seen for this. i think it was the ltc from georga that had the automated grade crossing at brickfest 2003. from what i remember it was very relyable and worked with magnents and a light sensor. they had there sensors mounted next to the track allthough if built compact enough i think it would work under the rails as well. let me know how it works out. i’ll be needing some automated crossings soon myself. ondrew