 Trains / 23866
Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:04:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia wrote:

The RCX is fairly accurate it seems, but the motor drive shafts have a tendency
to spin down after power is cut.

Try braking. This is from memory so might be all wet... If you just turn power
off, the motor coasts to a stop. But supposedly you can send the motor a speed 0
command, I think, and the motor stops right then, frozen in place. It takes more
power, which might be an issue if you're on battery, but not a lot more. Steve
H. talked about it recently, either in .robotics or in .rtlT, not sure which.

Hope that helps.