 Trains / 23867
23866  |  23868
Subject:
Some houses for a new GATS layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:22:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi All,
I was totally inspired by a street of houses that I saw displayed at BrickFest
in DC last summer (04) and wanted to build some for myself. Of course I
mentioned that I wanted to "copy" these to the original builder (I forgot his
name, so sorry!) and he said feel free, so hats off to the original designer of
these (please claim them!!!). Here are the originals: from a BrickFest
gallery...

I built a six pack of them; Mearsk Blue, Tan & Blue, Dark Gray & Sand Green,
Sand Blue and Blay, Pale Yellow and Yellow, and Medium Brown (Yoda Brown) &
Orange. I am not quit done, I have a couple more garages to build and I need to
add some exterior details too. Here are some pics...
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108809)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_wholestfront2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_wholestrear1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_mearskblue1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_tan1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_drkgray1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_sandblue1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_paleyel2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Houses/house_yodabrown1.jpg

Dave VinZant has also built one that you can see here:

Watch for other GPLR (formally PNLTC - Portlanders) members to build more. We
have a GATS in late February that we hope to have a large neighborhood ready
for.

Thanks for taking a look and again hats off to the original builder!!!

SteveB