 Trains / *24095 (-20)
  Signing off...till March

I'm leaving for the Bahamas Wednesday to work on an electrical project. Not all fun and games like you're thinking. Imagine an isolated town surrounded by water and NO LEGO!!! I'll be back sometime in March. All work and no Lego will make Rob a dull (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  4 6 2 train chassie using BBB's wheels

Here are some pictures of my 4 6 2 train chassie using BBB's wheels. A close up of the chassie :- (URL) Going through the points :- (URL) You will also notice in the second picture my 725 train set (which I finally got all the parts for) And some (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC final two weeks at SDMRRM and more photos

SCLTC is entering it's final two weeks at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum. This show is a record breaker for SCLTC totalling 70 days of operation -- more days than all previous SCLTC events combined -- and upwards of 40,000 visitors! (We've been (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

(...) &*$% FTX: (URL) Josh (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

Hows that for style? when I get the sticker paper I ordered & the body done, I'll decal it up & get some real pics... (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

(...) Very nicely done! I love all the differnt locomotive designs! I can't wait to see your SD70ACe! I did one in 6 wide--looking forward to the 8! Again, beautifully done! Keep up the awesome work! Dave K (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: been around... more 8wides

(...) My jaw hurts from hitting the floor. I can't begin to imagine the hours of work you've put into all these designs! Very, VERY well done. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  been around... more 8wides

I've added a few more, I'm working on a CAD now too, sooooon I'll have the pictures of the real units up. I added a large part of the SD series... (URL) questions? Josh (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) Now thats good thinking, I'll have to make a mock-up and have a play around, thanks everyone. The problem with having the footplate fixed and the bogie moving underneath (a la real thing) is one of clearances due to the size of the Lego motor (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) How about a long rubber band that's connected both ends to the pilot, and through a hole of some kind in the boiler? So it can slide side to side? Or even 2 pieces of string joined but a short rubber band in the same configuration? This may (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Monorail Station Preview

Hello, this train station has been done bei Rainer Brendler. See his contribution to ISCC2 at (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) That IS crazy. It will never work! No, more seriously that's actually pretty spiffy thinking. Figure out how to route the band through the boiler and through the pilot and Bob's your uncle. One wrinkle though, there will be a tendency for the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) Here's a crazy idea: how about using a black rubber band? --Bill. (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lego.com events page frustration

This page: (URL) not seem to be updated anymore? This is a shame. The effort put into updating should be minimal, as ILTCO has a form that easily allows transporting this info to Lego. However, there it seems to reach a trash bin soon. Not only does (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

(...) This sounds like a lot of fun. I'd do it, if only to see what scary and completely unprototypical things you lot would come up with, except I don't have luggage space for a module, nor time to build one between now and then, unfortunately. But (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

Here's an update. I'll try to speak up over the crickets. I spoke to Holger Matthes via email about the "theme swap" (yeah that's the new term) and he's into it. Luggage willing, he might even make a Moonbase 1592. Now that would rock. Just sayin'. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: I need your help!

(...) Still need the 7722 one? Do you want the whole sticker sheet? Chris (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) When I follow that link now I just get a toywiz.com homepage. What was pictured? --Bill. (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

"Steven Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:HrEI3F.1s25@lugnet.com... (...) Uh, count me out. I have a date in the Bahamas. A firm project completion date, that is. Flying out next Wednesday for 5 weeks of no rest and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

(...) Seems like a really good idea, lots of fun to see what the other side would build. Perhaps we can plan to do something similar at Brickfest DC as well. Something like the 'swap jobs for a day' that some companies do to bolster company unity. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact