 Trains / Train Organizations / 2581
2580  |  2582
Subject:
Lego.com events page frustration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:43:18 GMT

This page:

http://www.lego.com/eng/trains/recreationstation/events.asp

Does not seem to be updated anymore? This is a shame. The effort put into
updating should be minimal, as ILTCO has a form that easily allows transporting
this info to Lego. However, there it seems to reach a trash bin soon. Not only
does this potentially cost visitors to events, publication of a show on a
high-traffic web-site can be used (and is used), to validate monetary
contributions to clubs that display (and guess where that money ultimately gets
spend...). Having the ability to tell a show organizer that "this show will be
announced as an event of the official Lego web site" does not hurt in
negotiations for show fees. Announcements also must be good for Lego, I have yet
to see a show where kids do not tell me they will go home, and go build
something, or where they talk parents into dropping by a toy store on the way
home (guess what toy they buy...).

Also, it looks bad on ILTCO. They have a "publicity request" that does not do
any good, and seems to waste my time. This does not look good on ILTCO, although
I am 99.99% convinced the error lies beyond ILTCO, i.e. at TLC.

Paul