 Trains / *20115 (-20)
  MichLTC train/town display at local NMRC show, Livonia MI

The Michigan Lego Train Club displayed in Livonia this past Sunday. While this was an extremely small layout for us because of limited setup time, I think we had a very strong display with a lot of great detail. Many of the buildings have already (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Larry, why does it scare me when you actually run short on a particular part? - Perhaps it has something to do with that TRU stockroom-sized cache of Lego you have in your house :-) Good work on the mountain. I agree more dark gray would have (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) (OFF TOPIC SIDENOTE) My dad used a similar technique a couple years ago for a Meccano church he built. The model eventually was lit from within and displayed in the lobby of the church upon which it was based. The stained glass added greatly (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) That tank truck (water?) looks nice too. (...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Several new MOCs...

(...) (URL)Greenbrier: (URL) to mention some features of my Greenbrier. It has variable ashpan and firebox glow, a working headlight of course, and motorized drivers. All the lights and the motor are connected to the 9V train motor, so as the engine (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Larry, Please post your home address so that I can send over a couple of guys with a new coat for you. The sleeves may be a bit long, but they'll help you fasten them behind your back. You are obviously a danger to yourself. Seriously, though, that (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Does a 1 x 2 x 3 Panel exist in GREEN?...

Does anyone know if a 1 x 2 x 3 Panel exists in GREEN, in any LEGO set? Bricklink Description: (URL) email me if you have any information leading to this part (in green)! :-) Thanks! -jeremy pnltc (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Nice mountain! I especially like the waterfall and the tunnel portals. Neat "keystone" effect. I'd have to agree that it has too many colors. The tan and the black are the most distracting, IMO. Cool quarry, also. Quite impressive overall, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) yesterday. That deserves to be named as big. I would even tend to huge if there weren't so much nice details and ideas in it. I especially like the portal which leads under 45° into the mountain. (...) In fact it is a little bit 'fuzzy'. As (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) These look nice, but definitely pricey at over $23 per set of four, even for a club like ours with a hefty war chest to spend. By comparison, I believe that the entire bill for supplies to retrofit all of our tables (currently numbering (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Hi Larry, I just saw your mountain/quarry in .build. I was speechless! That mountain is quite impressive. I am a .castle guy myself, but I like seeing what is going on elsewhere. Your mountain sure grabbed my attention. A guy in .castle just built (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

Chris Phillips wrote in message ... (...) We (VLC) did this in a couple of places on our folding banquet tables at our shows this year and it made a big difference in looks - we do a lot of automation and previously the wires have been a real (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SCLTC up and running at SDMRRM now through New Years!

(...) Definitely a good idea. Problems are: 1. The museum has no more permanent layout space available (the last space went to some Lionel types last year). 2. This museum works with some heavy sponsorship relationships. People are always amazed (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) We went with folding legs we got from Rockler.com ((URL) , they bump the price up a little bit per table. But the time and space saving was worth the cost. Also we've been using spring loaded clamps to connect the tables together, this also is (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) NELUG is actually re-designing our tables for faster setup/breakdown at the expense of strength. We use mostly 40" square tables with a few half-width tables here and there. Our last layout was about 10' x 20' and just bolting legs onto (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) Here are a few more pics I found by just iterating the numbers on Peter's images.. (you may find some dead spots but just keep iterating. there's lots to see besides just my stuff. In particular, take a gander at Tony's neato streetlights, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) <snip> (...) Very nicely done Larry! And you fit all that in such a small space! I especially like the little dam, and the etching on the tunnel entrance! Good job--it was worth the wait to see the completed version. Keep up the great work! (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) I was one of the people advocating much lighter tables, mind you. But since we tend to do these really BIG layouts (in many cases, 90" from the outer table edge to the inner central space for many many feet) it gets hard to do the setup of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

The designs look good. Why did you feel the need to make them heavier than previously designed tables? Have you experience an issue with tables not holding up to the weight of the layout? We have actually been trying to make our tables even lighter (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Mountain/Quarry

I have been dropping hints in various places about the "big project" that had been consuming a lot of time. It was revealed at the MichLTC show yesterday. These are deep links, thanks to Peter for taking pics. More pics surely will be available (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact