 Trains / *19120 (-20)
  Re: New Track radius question

Yes, Ho type points, that would be awsome.... I have drawn some possible points a while ago in brickshelf: (URL) would also like to see points without the "S" curve, but with a cleareance of only 8 studs. However, to model "real" traintrack other (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: restoring, 9v, track

(...) Please do! (...) I'd advise using white (artgum) rather than pink, as pink has abrasive in it. If white works as well, you've saved abrading your track a bit. Abrasion, I would think, would increase the rate of subsequent dirt accretion. The (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: restoring, 9v, track

(...) The timing of this thread is incredible!! (perhaps uncanny) -- since I was about to ask this same question. I know all about using alcohol from Wayne. So I tried a new household sponge soaked in 91% rubbing alchol (typical rubbing alchol is (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Rail Racers meets Junkyard Wars!

Check out the link below, then check out the second semi-final round! (URL) those of us who love Junkyard Wars (and I think a fair amount of us do), this information was something that just had to be shared... I'll have my VCR going that day... (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H26wEu.784@lugnet.com... (...) LEGO). (...) Correct. They were available in dark grey, grey, blue, yellow, tan, white, red, green and black, but most people only got them in ones and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

"Russell Clark" <rclark@telis.org> wrote in message news:H26vp4.54n@lugnet.com... (...) Looks like someone has a connection to LLW (or somewhere else within LEGO). After the recent Red Letter Days event at LLW some unusual parts popped up on (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

I have noticed this piece come up today in several new colors: (URL) are all these colors coming from? Russell (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2-8-4 Steamer

(...) Thanks. (...) MLCad (thus partsref?) calls it "tile 1x2 with handle". -Stefan- (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2-8-4 Steamer

(...) Stefan, That looks good. I just noticed the 1x2 plate with railing on top(name anyone?) as steps on the front of the engine. From the side it gives a nice angle, and from the front you see the steps, very nice. Chris (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) The GMLTC uses two motors on each locomotive, and we're usually running four to six pieces of rolling stock behind one locomotive. We try to run each train for an hour or so, then give them a break. We've completed toasted a few motors, and we (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: shroud for train motor wheels

(...) very soon! JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) [snip] linear wear characteristics(*). The wear is depending upon load and time. (*) forgot to add a last comment: the wear is at least linear in time, but in case of load it could easiely be a sqare (or even cubic?) function: A waggon of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) [snip a lot] (...) My guess with the operational reliability of the 9V trains is a kind of more or less linear wear characteristics(*). The wear is depending upon load and time. If you use a train of doubled weight it will last only half time. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10022 and 10025

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan writes: [snip] (...) Why did they decouple? Is the prolonged bogie stucking at the gap between 2x6 plates and 6x28 baseplate? (I think they tend to do so.) Or is the friction of the wheel sets too high and caoused (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 2-8-4 Steamer

(...) This is one nice creation. Nice SNOT work in the cab. This is just a start of what I am sure we will continue to see from you. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) SNIP (...) Thanks for the help. I hear you saying that quality is not the same as it used to be, although the parts will still put up with significant use over half a year or so. I may give my operation more rest time between runs, so that it (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10022 and 10025

(...) I tested it this weekend. With just 1 motor (the one that came with the 10020) it was slow and slipped a lot. When I replaced the dummy/motorless 10020 with the motorized part of the Metroliner (original 9T's one) It ran smooth and fast. A bit (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 10022 and 10025

(...) I got my set of 5 waggons on friday (for the 5-waggons-discount-price). I built them over the weekend and I am really happy with design and quality of the bricks. I was amazed about the metallic corrugated bricks: they look quite similar in (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Signing Off... My 1st "Dark age"

Well all, this past 4-5 odd years has been the best of my life! I'd like to thank Todd & Suz for the great site... Tuesday, the 10th of June I leave for USMC basic training (United States Marine Corps). In 3 months time I'll be back online. 4-6 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  shroud for train motor wheels

Hi All, Jeremy Rear, Dave VinZant and I where trying to figure out how to cover up the side of a train motor for our street cars and trollies and I think we got something. There are still a couple issues with interfering with the wheels when the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact