 Trains / 17599
Re: 10022 and 10025
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:51:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan writes:
[snip]
enough speed!

I tested it this weekend. With just 1 motor (the one that came with the
10020) it was slow and slipped a lot. When I replaced the dummy/motorless
10020 with the motorized part of the Metroliner (original 9T's one) It ran
smooth and fast. A bit too fast because sometimes the last 3 wagons
decoupled in the curves!

Why did they decouple? Is the prolonged bogie stucking at the gap between 2x6
plates and 6x28 baseplate? (I think they tend to do so.) Or is the friction of
the wheel sets too high and caoused decoupling? I hope it is not the latter:
some wheelsets are poor (in comparison to older ones), but I have had so far
no that bad ones that did not work at all.

I hope for a steam engine: please TLC do me a favour and make up bigger
drive wheels.....

But why Ben? You already have a fine collection of steamlocs yourself!

I love steam engines and so far you can only work with the high priced 7750
ones (which are to small in many cases), or with metal rims around 396 wheels
or with none-Lego-stuff like the playmobil+LGB-Waggon-wheels (perfect diameter
and shape!). And you might use several kinds of technic hubs, but these have
often their problems on points.

All these solutions are not very satisfieing.

My favorite wheel would look like the LGB-waggon wheel, but it should have a
technic cross hole in the center(*) + the possibility to add an excentric
technic peg for moving connecting rods.

Regards,

Ben

(*) You need this to make the right + left wheel on one axle spin synchronous
with a 90° angle between them - that is important for the connecting rods
running smooth at their 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position.

Additional you can easily make a motorized wheel arrangement then. And all you
need is one single and quite primitive mould. Lots of the bionicle figures
have several unique parts. This one part on my (and other train nuts) wishlist
certainly should not overstep the abilities of TLC.