 Trains / 17596
Re: 10022 and 10025
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:03:15 GMT

My complete train (2 Super Chiefs, 2 x 10025 and 3 x 10022) measures almost
2 metres long and is quite heavy, so I hope one motor will be able to give a
enough speed!

I could not test it, but at 1000steine there have been complaints about that.
Recently some (ca 25%) of the 9V wheelsets are not perfectly running (as they
did in the early nineties).
Wheel sets can be good enough to form even a train of 126 waggon (all from
2126 and all pulled by front engine only). I am 100% sure you will not be able
to do a similar train with 100xx cars.... But I heard from some people who
called the consumer service at Lego, that TLC is aware of that problem and
works on it.

I tested it this weekend. With just 1 motor (the one that came with the
10020) it was slow and slipped a lot. When I replaced the dummy/motorless
10020 with the motorized part of the Metroliner (original 9T's one) It ran
smooth and fast. A bit too fast because sometimes the last 3 wagons
decoupled in the curves!

PS will the next train be a European train again? I heard mister Mathis has
a great orange TGV design somewhere :-)

I hope for a steam engine: please TLC do me a favour and make up bigger drive
wheels.....

But why Ben? You already have a fine collection of steamlocs yourself!

De groeten, Jeroen