 Trains / 17601
Re: Continous operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:21:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Andreas Stabno writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Andreas Stabno writes:
[snip]

linear wear characteristics(*). The wear is depending upon load and
time.

(*) forgot to add a last comment: the wear is at least linear in time, but in
case of load it could easiely be a sqare (or even cubic?) function:
A waggon of doubled waight might be worn out even in a quarter or an eighth of
the time.

Ask 8-wide builders for their experiences. I only heard once, that a waggon of
doubled weight needs more than doubled pulling force to be moved. If so, it
will definitely show increased wear at a similar high factor.

Only 3 motors were able to pull a 126 light waggons train even trough a 180°
U-turn. I am convinced you never will be able to operate even a 13 waggons
train of 8 wide stuff with only 3 motors.