 Trains / 17604
Re: 2-8-4 Steamer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:07:32 GMT

In article <H24y6E.IxE@lugnet.com>,
"Stefan Garcia" <sastrei@netscape.net> wrote:

I finally finished my first steam locomotive!  Yippee!!!  Seriously though,
after about 2 months of design and redesign, I finally finished my first
good steam locomotive:

Some special features of note are:
-Drivers are wired to the motor so that they spin in sync with the speed of
the loco (don't know if I'm the first to do that, but I thought it up on own).
-Constant voltage headlight.  Switch is hidden in the top of the firebox.
-Detailed backhead (Missing a reverse valve, to be added soon).
-Cab windows have clear panels for glass.

Also check out versions 1 and 2.

PLMKWYT.

-Stefan-

p.s. Drive rods are half black by lack of parts, not design.  Same things
with the drivers.

Stefan,

  That looks good. I just noticed the 1x2 plate with railing on top(name
anyone?) as steps on the front of the engine. From the side it gives a
nice angle, and from the front you see the steps, very nice.

Chris