 Trains / *15529 (-20)
  The LEGO Train Depot train picture of the week

The LEGO Train Depot train picture of the week is Holger Matthes' German BR 10 steam engine. Not only is it a great picture of his engine but is posed on a very nice bridge stucture. And the picture being taken outside really adds a great background (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

(...) Yes. (...) Yup. (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) Or that means that the train isn't compatible with tracks at all, being just a push toy. -John (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

Hello! Excuse me for being dense, but I'd like to make sure I understand this: (...) So if I'd give my kids the HP train, they'd have to cannibalize their existing 9V set in order to put the HP on the rails (not to mention motorization)? Or I'd have (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ISCC ENTRY: "Bessie" steam locomotive

(...) Very well done, John! Excellent representation of your creative use of elements. Ed (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Rail Racers domain

Rail Racers now have their own domain so you can visit them at: (URL) for the interest and get those racers ready! jt (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers web site

Yes, the trains are actually driven with standard train speed controllers. As for spinning out at the start, if you build the train just right you can prevent it from spinning out. There is a fine line between making it too heavy as to drag down (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC News

(...) I think the cost of admission is $7.00 but I remember seeing some sort of discount coupon on their site: www.gats.com. A mech train would be a lot of fun. Maybe we can come up with something for Brickswest. Robert (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: SCLTC News

(...) Awesome Robert, I will definately make an effort to be there. Is there a cost to get in, and if so how much? I think Lugola should definately try to organize to support you guys as much as possible. Any ideas? (How about Bryce making a mech (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  SCLTC News

Hello Everyone, I am pleased to announce that the SCLTC will display it's first layout at the Anaheim GATS on January 5th and 6th at the Anaheim Convention Center. I hope some of you can come and check out our inaugural effort. Also, Thomas Michon (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  (small) trainposterpage update

Hi all, Some small updates on (URL) will be no TIF-files to be downloaded (no one asked...), the first photo is in the gallery (thanks Bob Hayes!) and there is a sneak preview of a new project... (read "the future" and click "see preview"). Jeroen (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: train idea book

Great idea! I'll try to contribute cars and the goose, but I'll definitely be a purchasing customer!! Question - why are you limiting the items to be included? If it going to be a PDF document(s), there's no realistic limit other than the capacity (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

Wow, so many posts! Thanks for the support (and concerns as well). I won't be back on the LUGNET till Friday so here are a few thoughts: -Someone has volunteered to co-edit the book with me. -The idea of a committee to decide/review models is a good (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Base

"Lester Witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:Go8CJH.8I5@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) same (...) non-trivial. Can (...) train (...) Train bases are two plates tall but the underside is recessed. You can achieve the same thickness by (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

"Lester Witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:Go8Btz.6yw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) to be (...) instruction (...) There is no doubt that some of the parts (specifically the classic yellow windows and the red train (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Base

I was developing a train MOC and did not have a correct size train base. I tried to build one out of plates but when I was done it did not sit at the same level as a car on an actual train base. I realized that a train base is actually differnt in a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) I really like this model but if you are making an idea book then you need to be careful. Where would someone that likes this model get the part in step 7. Another consideration is color. If the book is intended for download and printing some (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers web site

(...) You get to "drive" your train right? I assume the trains can't just go full blast from the start because of traction problems? (I hope! there's gotta be some skill involved) I noticed the light tree and computer set up. Cool! Now I gotta know, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

"steve barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:Go6ytq.Knv@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) layout (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Steve has some really good points. It is a long way from a finished L-Draw file to a usable set of (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers web site

Cool, you listed the Jacksonville, Florida racing event and um, a, oh, train show:) The all new RobRail FireStorm will be ready to race! And win:) See Ya... Robin W Greater Florida LEGO Train Club - www.gfltc.org (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of Seattle GATS 2001 now on PNLTC site!

(...) Chris, We choose to use JavaScript because it streamlines the process of updating our site. This is a critical feature for us, since club members would prefer to spend the bulk of our free time building MOCs, not building web pages. Thanks. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact