 Trains / *14469 (-20)
  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

In lugnet.trains, Mark & Milissa Millère writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) There isn't anything to understand. They are just trying to stay away from the borg, er.. I mean Bill Gates and his monopoly jugggernaught. (1) I am not in the market for a (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

(...) Mike, I agree with you on the cost for a printed version, that is why I stated I prefer a DAT file. I did not think of bootlegging problems, is there a way to exclude this other than relying on trust? Thanx, Mark #525 (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

"Mark & Milissa Millère" <mmillere@knology.net> wrote in message news:GKEH7H.EK9@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) as (...) run. (...) [ ... snipped ... ] $5 is probably to low as the costs to print a set of high quality instructions is (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

(...) Various snips (...) I never did understand the Mac fanatics. Yes it was nice for CAD, but they were B&W only (in the beginning) AND more expensive then anything else available........AND the lack of choice for apps in the beginning. (...) I (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

(...) You know a train model is good when you look at a thumbnail of it and think it's a prototype pic as I did with your Penn Central w/ stickers. Good job! (...) That is so true. When I was doing my version of an SW1200, I discovered that the Erie (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

(...) I'll see your UNIX and raise you S/390... (Can you program in 370/BAL)? THAT'S a real computer. There are those that say if it didn't need chilled water at some point in its lifecycle it's just an ersatz computer. Not that I hold truck with (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

(...) Thats a truely interesting angle Larry. I always thought that Mac's and PC's weren't REAL computers but, toys for the folks who didn't know how to use real systems like Unix/Linux ;) Wayne (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Help on 8-wide baseplate

Hi, I'm new to train building and I'm currently working on an 8-wide two level passenger train. I'm using the 6 x 34 baseplate from the set 4561. By the looks of my train car, it seems a bit short. I would like to add more length to it. How is the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot! TCLTC layout pic

(...) This is TCLTC so it would be their *first* layout I think. (whoever "they" are... J2 hasn't said who else is working with him yet, but with the jamup in the GMLTC basement there's room for more clubs in the twin cities!) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Spyshot! TCLTC layout pic

(...) Agghhh, all that tan! Wow. That looks great, and it goes to show that with basic bricks a mountain/hill can look uber-fantastic. Looks like your guys' next layout is going to be awesome. -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

(...) I think he only has a Mac (or did he get a PC recently??) and thus doesn't know how to use a real computer, or programs (like MLCad) that only RUN on real computers... What would you pay for a set of instructions only to that SW? (which has (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot! TCLTC layout pic

(...) Do you have a membership roster yet? Is this causing any friction with the GMLTC? Larger question, is it possible to be an "active member" of two groups at the same time? (I think it is, but am interested in the dynamics aspect). Note that (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

John I like the orange and black combination. You know, with all the great trains and buildings you, how about making L-Draw instructions available to us less talented folk? Then we could all steal.....err borrow your designs. Thanx, Mark (not to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: small annoucement in the name of René Hoffmeister

(...) "Most" people, including John and Lar, even though some of their posts do make you wonder! :-) with a little gdr....... Thanx, Mark #525 (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Spyshot! TCLTC layout pic

Just a teaser pic of one of our "mini-modules". Due to area constraints in my house (where the basic layout will reside), I can only have 15" wide modules along the "back" of the layout. I will post a schematic of the floor plan as soon as I make (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New MOC: Bill/Ben from TtTE (7 wide;)

(...) Thanks. (...) No worries there-- it is solidly anchored onto the motor. The only delicate areas are the fake pistons and the little gray 1x1s that sit on the walkway (grr-- pops off every time if you knock it with your fingers picking up the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500

A while back, there was a discussion about how everyone it seemed was in the process of building this model, but only now have I actually finished mine. I had wanted to build a Milwaukee Road diesel loco since orange became available and I choose (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Bill/Ben from TtTE (7 wide;)

John - That's great work! The sand red is an excellent match. Nice job on the buffers. Three questions - how's the stability of the cab of Bill/Ben, as it looks like it hangs off the rear of the engine quite a bit are the faces from the HO versions (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: small annoucement in the name of René Hoffmeister

(...) I myself *never* cause flame wars or even participate in them (1). But I don't see a reason why holding a controversial opinion means you shouldn't participate! You may get some flamage about the opinion but thats fine. 1 - Said with tongue (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: small annoucement in the name of René Hoffmeister

(...) | |HA, as you see, it works again! | (...) | |Thank you Larry, and I love hearing this about me :-) Is there the proverb |"it flow down like oil" in english...? | (...) | |Hm, that the message will be held for confirmation appeared, but I got (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact