 Trains / *12684 (-20)
  Re: Sets

(...) Seem reasonable to me. My German ain't the greatest and no time to babelize it (in MSP airport and have to dash for a flight in 5 min) but I am reading that this auction is for the instructions only and it seems to have reached 1000 DM (but (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on Ebay

(...) It's just a 1x2x2 thin-wall window. The 'window' towards the front of the train doesn't have any 'glass'. There are two 1x1 bricks behind it (towards the back of the locomotive.) JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on Ebay

(...) Check out the windows on the Hogwarts Express Engine from this auction. Is this a new piece? It looks like a 1x2x2 classic window but that wouldn't fit. It almost looks like some sort of 1x2x2-1x1x2 hybrid or something. Has anyone ever seen (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) But isn't that the traditional train stuff on the front? (The bumper things. NOt sure what they're called..) and the magnet? I think it's probably compatible with 9V at least, if nothing else... Matt (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

Oh crud, I didn't notice the axle on the train wheels, they're probally not train wheels at all, just spoked car wheels (like on the Adventure's cars) jt (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) Are those black spoked train wheels flanged on the inner circumference? Are the axles Technic pins!? If so, possibility to widen or shorten the "gauge" of the wheels!? Whoah! No 9v motor in the Hog? Possibly a stand-alone push train? Push on (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

There's no glass in the red train windows...what's up with that. I do like the black spoked train wheels, to bad no big drive wheels though. jt ------ James J. Trobaugh (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sets

(...) WOW! Congrats Johannes! I think you just found the site of the day! I'll cross-post this to trains for you!!! That's right TRAINHEADS It's got the Hogwart's Express in it!!! (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8 Locomotive

(...) Ah, found it...under "space" elements in the lugnet parts ref database: (URL)Also, I have two of these handle bars in red two of them in black. I don't (...) Peeron says: (URL) is only for colors "black" and "dk gray". Ah, here's where I got (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8 Locomotive

(...) Pantograph: Yes, the red pantograph pick-up element is a handle bar. I like the look, too. Although, I think it looks a little to short with respect to the 6-wide body. ?? Anyone know what the reference for this handle bar is in .dat form or (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8 Locomotive

Josh Baakko wrote: <snip> (...) I agree that James' MOC is very nice:-) Building an engine 6 or 8 wide really isn't an issue for me; yeah, I think that the 6 wides look a little squished when viewed from the ends, but overall, width really doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8 Locomotive

(...) I've heard it was used in Acela service, as a dual direction locomotive (no need for a turntable). I think it is used on shorter trains. (...) I think the pantagraph is all red like the Acela single direction locomotives. (...) LOL, twice hey? (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8 Locomotive

James, You are the man. Is that a handle bar for the red pantograph? It looks good. I frequently see the prototype at Union Station in Washington, DC. Washington is the southern terminal of the electrified northeast cooridor. I was going to try to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Amtrak HHP-8 Locomotive

What used to be only in CAD/POV, is now making its way into ABS. This is an attempt to model the Amtrak HHP-8 locomotive used for Acela route service (I think). During the build, details of the decorations changed a bit. Overall form and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) If you just wanna make a copy, use FTP. The mget command lets you transfer a whole directory at a time, making it a lot less painful. ROSCO (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) Honestly I don't know any easy way to transfer files from my AOL FTP space to another free-hosting service space. If I had backup files on hand, I would consider doing this or uploading them to Brickshelf or some other place. The only way I (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

This strikes me as rather silly. Why would you simply allow the site to vanish? Why not just dump it on a free-hosting service? "Jeff Christner" <regult@aol.com> wrote in message news:3b2d27b8.610623...net.com... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few new POV's

(...) snip It occurred to me that I could put the .dat file on the server too. (URL) file is without the track, and a note about the railings. On the model I used stiff (pod racer) tubing, but in the dat file I simulated the tubing using black light (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few new POV's

(...) Yeah, please send me the .dat files to: sink@countersinkdg.com. I have admired your engine for some time! Thanks! Can't wait to see them! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A few new POV's

Hi Everyone, I decided to win my own train building contest. I am the only one I told about the contest, so I was the only person to enter, so I won! Whoo hooo! As a prize I awarded myself free instructions the my models that I submitted to myself. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact