 Trains / *12454 (-20)
  Re: Attention: James Mathis

As of now, I guess I'd advise you, Frank, to remove me from you index list. I've still got most, if not all, the images of the models you refer to below; but, I'm not sure I have the patience to upload all of them. I will more likely be rather lazy (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:GEIDtF.Eyt@lugnet.com... (...) 8-wide (...) Me too.. Well, sort of... I'm buiding the first MOC and it's 8 wide ;-) Preview: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) I got my four from (URL) hope my sister never asks for it back. Chris (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Thanks! I don't recall where I got those windows. Either they were part of my collection from a while back or I picked them up on Brickbay. I have also been able to pick up 2 yellows, and 4 reds on Brickbay. (Thus the new red color scheme (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) I have the advantage of having two great spotlights and a small, photography type backdrop at work. You could make a similar backdrop very easily. Just an L-shaped frame and a roll of white paper and a few lights. The frame allows you to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) Bravo! Evidence that those thumbscrews of Gianluca are starting to work? :-) I look forward to some great MOCs from you, Mario! lol James hasn't completely converted to the dark side, however-- he's sort of in purgatory somewhere;-) Although, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Nice. What are you using for a photo backdrop? It's a great no shadows line free background. ++Lar (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) Nonsense. Diesel engines and bogey wagons (in ordinary colours, natch ;) come and go, but that loading hopper and the repair shed are some of the best trackside models I've seen. Not only are they amazingly detailed, and in this case fully (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) Hi James, very nice model! When I saw your APT design some days ago I immediately thought of how the tilting mechanism would have been great for a model of ETR500. I hope I have enough green bricks to actually build your ETR500, and maybe try (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Rebel Transcanner <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:GEHB81.E2A@lugnet.com... (...) You say the nicest things, but I have to disagree. My efforts pale in comparison to others that contribute here... Huw (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Thanks Eric! Yeah, I am not really sure how I feel about the couplers either, but I tried several different things to overcome it: - creating the entire truck, stairs/ladder, coupler area as one single piece. I hated how this looked as it went (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

Hi James, I am not italian, but also from a country with nice trains running through it. The ETR500 looks good. The nose might deliver some ideas for my "still-in-mind" ICE-3 nose! but it's a shame that you turned to LEGO CAD! I rather prefer "real" (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Jake, Very nice, I still don't know how I feel about the extended couplers but it is a trade off. Now all you need are some BN decals to finish it off and it will look perfect. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) Well, in my case there's a distinct lack of a decent website to show them on. I'm working on it though. I'd like to see some more too Harvey, so keep us informed. Most of my stuff is 4-wheeled. I'm actually a bit short of layout space at home, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Auto Crossing

I am designing a RCX controlled Level Crossing, it used two pairs of light sensors/lamps to detect train, and use another two pairs of light sensors/lamps to detect truck/car on the road it crossed rail, RCX will control level crossing down or up (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) I totally agree: please give us back ALL those pictures. Even the one from Christmas (where you bear that funny old glasses on your nose and smile from one ear to the other because of the first Super-Car you have got then. ;-) And I thought it (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Wow, and this is done with LEGO® too! Incredible amount of detail, I never thought I'd see stuff like this when I joined LUGNET a year ago. A++ work there Jake. -Harvey (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) What???!!! Oh no!!!! :^( That was my favorite site, ever! I went there all the time for inspiration. It was so organized and easy to navigate. I knew that site backwards and forwards. What pictures did I like you ask? ALL of them...even the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

(...) snip all my previous comments (...) Yeah, those long cars are going to be a problem. I want to build an autorack,[1] and like you said, they are 89'. By my scale that would be 71 studs (gulp).I'll have to scale that down a bit (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact