 Trains / *1162 (-20)
  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

(...) I felt the same way. I fervently hope they do not make trains unless they can improve the quality a LOT. Their molds can't be THAT imprecise so it's got to be the speed at which they eject the parts. (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Josh, Thanks, I never saw any around here. Bad quality, huh? Oh well, at least it was an attempt. Ugh! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

I would guess it would be similar to Megablocks, just as a guess. But maybe if TLG would see some of their themes (i.e. Military, Suburbia, etc.) and some of their pieces, maybe they would think twice on their Town Juniorizing everything. I would (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

James, Nice train, I like it! I think I'll make one for my next show. Maybe I will use the parts from that new thing the TLG calls the Railway Express(4561). It has a lot of those 4x3 clear wall part that would make nice windows for this kind of (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Are the Bestlock bricks the same (or near) quality as LEGO? If they are as crappy as MEGABLOCKS, then this discussion is over for me. Just wondering and hoping.... John Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

I've seen (held, checked-out, put back) the military sets in a Target in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Among other problems, the plates look really flimsy. That, along with other general flimsy appearance meant I wasn't willing to chance (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

Very nice. The middle car looks great, very efficient use of windows. Very attractive! As, someone else already noted...LEGO should be desinging sets that look this nice! They would not be able to keep this model on the shelves. Thanks James, Chris (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

Wow! That's cool James. Just one nit, it seems that maybe the prototype has red doors on one side and blue on the other??? or else some of the brochure pictures are from different trainsets. I get the impression that the prototype has a middle (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

(...) This looks great! Even TLG could do a set like this for cheap, and they should. This would even be cool in a monorail version. Now you've got me thinking about articulated cars again :) -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

I have finally had some time to build with LEGO. This time I've found a friend, and his name is BOB, oder: "Die Bayerische Oberlandbahn". BOB is a German passenger train. A friend of mine recently traveled to Germany and returned with a brochure (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) 5561 Big Foot 4x4 has 2 red 1x4x3 train windows* in each set -- but that's a pretty expensive way to go, even if you can find it on discount. OTOH, it's got other goodies like white train doors and --Todd * actually, only the frames are train (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) If I was to buy just a single train, I'd think about the the S@H 3225 (using their "train set" deal). The 4565 is also a good choice, but you have to add a power pack which adds about another $45. If you think you want to dive into trains in a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Redesigned diesel electric

Great job, Chris! I like the details! Scott Sanburn (Hoping to get done with sorting stage 5 to get back to building, ugh!) :) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Oh, I agree Chris. I would have said the same thing five years ago. I have been with Lego sets for 20 years now, and I have a hard time with saying it. But times have changed. I will say the SW sets are wonderful, I have many now. But overall, look (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Redesigned diesel electric

I finally fixed the front end of my diesel electric. While I still do not claim that it is a model of any specific engine it does at least resemble real diesel electric now. The front page (URL) to the engines and scroll to the bottom (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Ah, thanks for the clone links. That's one of the few I am not subscribed too. Oh well, it was a hope! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Really? I never saw any around in Michigan. May I ask where you reside? Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

(...) You know, previously I would have said you are nuts; LEGO cannot be out done. However, it does seem that LEGO is working very hard at making life easier for the competition. Maybe the competition would get LEGO going in the right direction? (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

I would love to see individual cars/engines instead of buying all the sets. I think I spent close to 500-600 just last year on trains. Ugh! Scott Sanburn (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

The military sets are available in some Target stores in the U.S. see news://lugnet.com/F9...lugnet.com or if that link doesn't work, it's 4/10/99 Best-lock post by Ben Vaughan in the off-topic clones newsgroup I got an e-mail in January from their (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact