 Town / 6180
Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 19:04:26 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ondrew Hartigan writes:
Hey john,
I have been watching your brickshelf folders for a long time watching your
layout come together. I must say it is great resource for ideas and
inspiration. I’m wondering if there is actually a layout or just a huge pile
of buildings? Is there a chance we could get an over view picture?

lol Well, there is indeed a layout, although it is very much under
construction.  I spent a lot of time and energy into getting these buildings
finished, as well as being in acquisition mode to get enough bricks to complete
the modules (they are GMLTC style, with the track height at 16 bricks high)  Of
the 10 modules I have set up, only about 4 are virtually completed and another
3 close.  I am kind of a control freak when it comes to showing off my work,
and so I tend to not take a lot of "in progress" pics.  I will consult my
psychiatrist and see what I can do;-)

I have also fallen in love with your coal cars and I am still trying to
figure out how you put them together. Any chance I or we could get an l-draw
file or close up pictures of the bottom, sides, and end caps?

Thanks.  Actually, a guy contacted me and offered to Ldraw one for me, but I
have lost contact with him.  I tried talking Ross into working one up (he
actually did work up my "Trolley")-- perhaps I can ask again...

Again thank you for building such detailed and interesting 8-wide equipment
and buildings. It’s nice to know I’m not the only guy trying to build 8-wide
prototypes.

Yes, 8 wide is definitely where it is at for me (unless it's 12 wide, but I
digress:-)  It is my intention some day to create a web page that features all
of the 8 widers worldwide and their works in one, convenient place.  That would
be cool!

JOHN