 Town / 6170
Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 02:48:22 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Neal writes:
I have completed a project that I began about 3 years ago-- constructing
buildings for the TCLTC layout.  All of the buildings that will appear on the
layout can now be seen here:

It's hard to type 'WOW' in large enough letters.  Your use of color is
excellent, matched only by your use of ornamentation to give the buildings
such a wonderful sense of realism.

This pic is my fav:

That awning just blew me away.

Is it correct to say that some of the buildings are just facades?  Some
appear to have shallow sides, but I can't tell if there's a back or not.
Example:

If so, I'm wondering if you use any sort of bracing that isn't seen from the
front.  I am working on a large facade, which I found required reinforcing
to help stabilize the front wall especially.  So I'm curious to know what's
behind the scenes in some of your buildings.

Also, I really enjoy your detail work.  Especially the type of work seen in
this one:

Are you using any architectural resources (either printed or online) or are
you taking these from personal observations/photos etc.?

Thanks for the look at this wonderful world you're creating!

Regards,
Allan B.