 Town / 5886
Re: Lego Superhero Comic Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 04:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.town, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Gross writes:
Hello everyone,

I am very excited to make my first posting here on Lugnet. My friend Bryan
and I have completed the first issue of our online Lego-based superhero
comic book.  You can find it at:

www.appleisp.net/~jgross

Please check it out and let us know what you think! Issue #2 is already in
the works.

Thanks,
-Jason

P.S. I hope I got the newsgroups right. I'm not sure if lugnet.town is the
best place for follow-ups.

Well, Brian, and company, I must say that I am quite impressed with what you
have done.  Is this the very first time that you have ever done this at all?
Well, for the most part, it was well done, but I found some problem areas in
the series, some grammatical errors as well as better suggestions for how
scenes will work out.  Here is my list:

So um, excuse me, but where do you get off telling him what he should and
shouldn't do with *his* comic strip?

-Tim

Tim,
I think what Jesse was trying to say over his 40-some lines of suggestions
(that just as easily could have been summed up in 2 lines)
was that he wishes the story would have been presented with "G" or "PG" rated
exclamations vs the "PG-13" rated language that Jason and Bryan chose to use.
I personally like that it was written for the teen to adult audience.
That said...

Wow, Jason and Bryan!
Great job, it's obvious you both put a lot of effort into this. I for one have
nominated you for consideration as CLSOTW and look forward to Issue #2.
You may already have seen this but a great resource for online comics creators
is "Reinventing Comics" by Scott McCloud.
http://www.scottmccloud.com/store/books/rc.html
and the rest of his website lists links to some interesting online comics.
Also, thanks for turning me on to the fantastic free typefaces at
http://www.blambot.com
You've got me itching to try my hand at a LEGO-based comic...
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)