 Town / 4762
Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:37:23 GMT

In lugnet.town, Larry Pieniazek writes:
If the truck has 'duallies' in back, what is often done is that only one
wheel type is used. The wheel is dished so that when two wheels are put back
to back, the wheel centers are adjacent (and the plane between the two
tyres). Then that's bolted to the rear hub. So when you look at the rear,
they are dished in.

The same wheel, turned the other way so it's dished OUT, is bolted to the
front hub.  (this means that the hubs are set a lot farther apart than the
rear hubs.

That's interesting.  After reading this post I was looking at busses all
weekend.  3 different bus lines all had the wheel arrangement you describe.
Funny how I never noticed that before, but now after this thread I couldn't
stop seeing it.

Bruce