 Town / 4747
Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:50:46 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tim Tosino writes:
Cool, What did you use for the windows? Black Panels?

Actually, no, the windows are actually open holes... they're framed by 1x1
black bricks on the side, a 1x2 plate on the top, and a 1x2 tile on the
bottom.  If they look "solid" in the photos, its probably just the lighting.

Is your passenger area as detailed as the driver's seat?

Not yet.  Right now the busses are mostly "hollow", but later this week I
want to add the seats in the back.  I'll probably make the roof easier to
pop-off as well, so I can poke around in there.

The MCI "express" busses have traditional high-back seating, and all the
seats face forward.  I may cheat the minifig scale and use the 4 stud space
for a 1-stud seat, then a 1-stud isle, and then a 2-stud seat.  I'll have to
see what i come up with.

Near the doors, the GMC "local" busses have seating similar to a subway car,
with the backs against the wall.   So I'll have to play with ideas for that too.

Sean
---
http://www.brickapple.com
The Brick Apple - New York City in Lego