 Town / 2444
Re: Town Building Contest: Voting now open - Shades of Florida?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:30:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
Mark Chan wrote in message ...

<snipped intersting but complicated voting and registration system>
CONS:
1) Much, much (much) more work for Kevin Wilson - He might start looking on
the Florida chad counters with envy.

Too much :-) Seriously, I physically can't do that much.

That's true. We don't want you to get permanently cross-eyed like that
county official in the infamous Florida chad counting picture :-)

I also prefer to have the contest voting as open as possible, I deliberately
and intentionally didn't limit it to only people who entered, or only LUGNET
people.

This also has the added benefit of exposing more "outsiders" to the Lego
community (always a good thing)

I also sympathise with everyone wanting the voting to be seen to be fair,
but I think this specific problem was a misunderstanding and not an
intentional cheat.

Agreed. You handled this situation very well. Hopefully, some of the other
voting mechanisms that have been discussed will be around for the next
contest. I like Amy's ideas a lot.

Mark Chan