 Town / 2016
Re: Proposal: TOWN building contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 04:44:10 GMT

<snip>
I agree. Building in "Real Life" is an additional challenge. One could think of
it as "Built Projects" vs. "Project Proposals."

I've seen architecture exhibits where the designs were never expected to be
built -- they were extreme solutions because they weren't limited by "normal"
constraints (such as money, materials, gravity, etc).

If such a deliniation were made, I would wonder if detailed blueprints or
drawings would be eligible for submission. This would be appealing to me, but
seems almost like another contest.

-Suz

I agree with Suz with an additional comment. The "wow" factor of seeing a
picture using real bricks is different (not saying better, not saying worse
- just "different") than the "wow" factor of seeing a DAT/CAD rendition.

Both are works of art in their own right, but they are different mediums,
hence DAT/CAD should be in a different category - similar to oil vs.
watercolor at an artfair.

Mark Chan