 Technic / Bionicle / 817
Re: Is there such a thing as Bionicle MOC's?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:55:49 GMT

Sure, it's possible. Just like it's possible to do with Throwbots. I have
one posted at
and
as a simple example. There are miscellaneous Technic parts included.

Each individual Bionicle set does not lend itself especially well to
building alternate models. Multiple sets make MOC contruction much easier.
More parts are always better.

Although there are those pre-Throwbot Technic enthusiasts who style
themselves purists and who will probably blow a gasket when they read this:
parts are parts. The same imagination that can turn a little fire engine
into a space cruiser can change Ski into a blue and white leopard.

Having said that, I myself wouldn't try to build a little fire engine out of
Pohatu. That says more about my lack of imagination than about the design of
a Bionicle.

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Tom Inosanto writes:
I guess it would have helped if i put it in the correct subgroup :)~ The
question still stands....

In lugnet.technic, Tom Inosanto writes:
Ok, I went to Legoland today and got the LL exclusive mask, I figured I
needed something to use it with, so I got a few of the small sets, and 2 of
the bigger in-a-can sets. When I got them home and put them togehter, I
started to wonder how would you make a MOC out of these things? Maybe it is
because I have no other technic sets. Maybe if I had more experience with
these types of parts I could do something with them. I do like how you can
make one arm move (wish it was both), but I hate how other than the arm,
they just sit there, looking like they are about to fall over :(  Oh well,
but my LL mask looks cool, maybe I will hang it from the rear view mirror in
the car :)
Tom