 Technic / Bionicle / 651
Re: Bionicle observation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:15:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Rose Regner writes:
Are you saying that the
cans you have seen elsewhere don't have the CD-ROM logo printed on them?
That would seem rather odd to me.

Yes, there are two versions of the cans, one with the CD and one with out
the CD.

Rose

Great...variants. Completest collectors will either be incensed or thrilled.
I wonder why LEGO would do this though? It costs more to produce different
versions of the same packaging. Unless, the initial production runs included
the CD and had the CD logo printed on the spinning overwrap, and you have
been seeing/buying a later production run where they have decided to do away
with the extra expense of the CD. A possibility.

Matt