 Technic / Bionicle / 661
Re: Bionicle observation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 02:41:06 GMT

in article GF1999.IrG@lugnet.com, Matthew Gerber at matthew@digitaliris.com
wrote on 6/16/01 1:15 PM:

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Rose Regner writes:
Are you saying that the
cans you have seen elsewhere don't have the CD-ROM logo printed on them?
That would seem rather odd to me.

Yes, there are two versions of the cans, one with the CD and one with out
the CD.

Rose

Great...variants. Completest collectors will either be incensed or thrilled.
I wonder why LEGO would do this though? It costs more to produce different
versions of the same packaging. Unless, the initial production runs included
the CD and had the CD logo printed on the spinning overwrap, and you have
been seeing/buying a later production run where they have decided to do away
with the extra expense of the CD. A possibility.

Matt

I have seen CD Bionicles at K-Mart and Wal-Mart (mixed in with non-CD
versions!). I suspect that only the early versions might have the CD, so
Bionicles ordered from S@H, or at TRU. I suspect as the shelves get
refreshed, all the new stock will not have the CD.

Oh, I also doubt that you'd find CD/Non in the same box. I think Bionicle is
shipped with a box containing all of the same set (like most other Lego, but
unlike Slizer and Roboriders). At the WalMart the difference between CD and
non was clearly along set lines, (for example all Onua would have CDs, but
another bionicle would not).

I wonder if any of this has to do with the number printed on the label, on
one of the tags that holds the caps on?

Rob