 Technic / Bionicle / 2316
  Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

A couple of days ago, a (URL) BZPower> reporter (Michael) ran across a very interesting new product at Toys R Us in Virginia. The large tub of assorted Bionicle pieces in many colors contained 702 pieces, and we're not talking about little 2x rod (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) My theory is this. TRU maybe had a lot of overstock of older Bionicle sets. I bet they called Lego and said they didn't want to buy more if they had all this overstock. So they probably worked out a way to repackage the sets into this huge (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) Mm, could be... but on looking at the types of parts included, several are from sets introduced just last December, and some of the masks were never included in sets outside of promotions with McDonald's (sand Akaku and light brown Kakama (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) You mean the sand-blue Akaku and dark-orange Kakama from these sets? [LEGOSet 8582] [LEGOSet 8584] Neither were tremendously common at TRU stores, but they did show up sporadically. (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) snip (...) Thanks for pointing that out, you're right - I'd forgotten they used the same color masks for the "studly" Matoran as they did the McD's Tohunga. Back to Alfred's point, there are a couple of black Ruru that were Euro misprints and (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) [LEGOSet 8585] (...) I doubt we'll ever see that happen outside of the BIONICLE line. Pretty much everything else is generic enough that it sees fairly wide use as it is. A lot of the BIONICLE parts have never been used outside of their (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) For those with an interest, the TRU SKU is 96-9713. That number is unconfirmed but is the best info I have. Kelly (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) That number is now confirmed. They are just being shipped from the warehouse, and my local store does not show any enroute. In fact, they only show them enroute to two stores in PR. Anyone in PR want a bunch of Bionicle parts ? Email me, and (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

Hey guys, I'm not a bionicle fan. I say this to illustrate the fact that I know very little of bionicle sets and parts and their use and the way people "play" with them. My lil' brother-in-law is having his birthday soon and I know he asked for (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

The ad for this bionicle 'tub' came out last Sunday. I stopped in today (Thursday) and they had five on the shelf (Las Vegas). I picked some up for a friend. I'm not into bionicle, but this does look fun to play with. :) Corey www.brickitgood.com (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

(...) Checked around and it appears this project was initiated by the Bionicle team here in LEGO Americas. TRU just happened to be the lucky beneficiary of the production of the tub. FYI builders with a flare for unconventional creativity -- this (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Terry Prosper wrote: . (...) YES! This thing is HUGE! Check out my 3 year old holding this thing: (URL) you can find one it would be a BIG HIT if your lil' brother-in-law likes to make his own creations, BUT if he is one (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)