 Technic / Bionicle / 2357
Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:12:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Terry Prosper wrote:
.

My lil' brother-in-law is having his birthday soon and I know he asked for
Bionicle sets.  I was wondering if it's a good idea to buy this bucket for him
instead of, say, 3 bionicle sets (the regular sets that come in cylinders).

My wife thinks he'd rather have sets, but considering that the tub has over 700
parts for a reasonnable price, I thought the little guy would like to have that
much parts.

YES! This thing is HUGE! Check out my 3 year old holding this thing:

If you can find one it would be a BIG HIT if your lil' brother-in-law likes to
make his own creations, BUT if he is one of the types that just likes to build
the sets (or is younger and not really up on the art of MOCing) then the sets
may be a better bet.

Are there all the parts needed to build bionicles in the tub?  Are there
instructions or idea books included,

No idea book hust parts. Take a look at the story done on BZP:
http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=1744

Note - all tubs seem to be a slightly different selection, but in the 6 of these
tubs I picked up the parts are basically along these lines shown on BZP.

The one thing it is REALLY lacking is Technic axle rods or whatever it is you
call them:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catID=134

So be a good big brother-in-law and throw him a bunch of those axles! If you do
not have any, they are cheap over on BL.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com