 Technic / Bionicle / 2318
Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:06:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
   My theory is this. TRU maybe had a lot of overstock of older Bionicle sets. I bet they called Lego and said they didn’t want to buy more if they had all this overstock. So they probably worked out a way to repackage the sets into this huge tub. Just a wild guess thoa.

-Alfred

Mm, could be... but on looking at the types of parts included, several are from sets introduced just last December, and some of the masks were never included in sets outside of promotions with McDonald’s (sand Akaku and light brown Kakama masks, for instance). So some pieces would never have been in a TRU.

Although the large proportion of Bohrok/Bohrok-Kal pieces indicate there was a huge overrun on those sets, something I’ve long suspected.

Kelly
BZPower