 Technic / Bionicle / 2320
Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:59:44 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   some of the masks were never included in sets outside of promotions with McDonald’s (sand Akaku and light brown Kakama masks, for instance).

You mean the sand-blue Akaku and dark-orange Kakama from these sets?
snip
Neither were tremendously common at TRU stores, but they did show up sporadically.

Thanks for pointing that out, you’re right - I’d forgotten they used the same color masks for the “studly” Matoran as they did the McD’s Tohunga.

Back to Alfred’s point, there are a couple of black Ruru that were Euro misprints and only came in the Powerpack in the US, to my knowledge - I’d also expect to see a couple of silver Rua (Hau) as well were that the case. In all, I’m still doubtful this was a TRU-instigated project, rather than a LEGO-instigated project that chose TRU as the distributor. Hopefully we’ll find out at some point, and see whether there’ll be any more such packs for other themes (which would rock).

Kelly