 Technic / Bionicle / 18
17  |  19
Subject:
Bionicle in 'not so C*&p' shock!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:16:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Only got two words for Bionicle
Sad crap.
Sorry

In lugnet.loc.uk, Steve Lane writes:
I agree totally (although i thought Ice Slizer looked cool with those shades)

I sort of half agree with all of that...

I think Bionicle provides some neat parts to bulid some cool looking robots.
Slizers was a step in the right direction, Lego faltered somewhat with the
Roboriders (there are some awful parts in those sets), but the new Bionicles
provide the best base yet for building some really great mechs.

So I've bought a couple of the best looking ones as usual. Pohatu has
already become the sworn enemy of my Rock Raiders figures, since they keep
stealing his football to mine the precious gems inside. A far better enemy
than that useless looking single brick rock monster. I think the little
bionicle priest guys (baby bio's?) on shop.lego.com look really cute too. At
£1.99 a pop who can resist a complete set to terrorise your mantlepiece.

Lego really have got another think coming if they expect people to collect
72 masks though. Even younger kids won't be taken in by this. With one mask
in each main set, and only two masks in each mask pack (for £1.75 or
whatever) the amount of money required to even attempt this is simply
staggering!

Please excuse my ramblings, just my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Paul.