 Technic / Bionicle / 17
Re: Suppiles in The UK shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:34:56 GMT

"Steve Burge" <steveb@ubistudios.co.uk> wrote in message
news:G82oK9.9pu@lugnet.com...
Lets collect 72 masks. Oh please!

    Ooh, gotta catch'em all! Hmmm... I wonder what the computer game will • be
like :)

And the whole point is that these things are fads.
They dont create a lifelong relationship.
Witness that Pokemon cards and associated junk are now being cleared out at
1/2 price.
As with anything like this, the novelty eventually wears off.

In fact, I could put forward an arguement that having Lego associated with a
collecting fad like this will be bad for Lego as once the fad goes out of
favour some of the collectors will see Lego as the unfashionable thing, not
just Bionicle. Rather than increasing brand allegiance, it reduces it.
"no, I dont collect Lego anymore granny. Bionicles are yesterday...."
But eh, thats just my opinion!

regards
lawrence