 Local / United Kingdom / 5740
Re: Bionicle is C*&p
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:24:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Only got two words for Bionicle
Sad crap.
Sorry

I agree totally (although i thought Ice Slizer looked cool with those shades)

I hope not.
It will only lead them down the path of moving further away from my
interests in Lego.

Well looking on the bright side they may see the real Lego when they go to a
toy shop and it might plant a seed of interest.

I think the real problem is the poor quality of the Technic range, where
have the JCB's gone and all the really interesting vehicle's with
interesting features.

The Star Wars range has some really excellent sets but I can't see people
switching from star wars to Advanced Technic as they mature. I think the
Star wars technic sets will mean user's will avoid the "standard Technic"
and follow the Star wars path to it's natural conclusion. We could refer to
this path as "the dark side" of lego'ing. But so long as people stick with
lego as they get older that can only be a good thing.

The standard technic line will never be as popular, but should be injected
with enough life to mean it can be a progression from Star Wars into none
space models.

Steve Lane