 Local / United Kingdom / 5763
Re: Bionicle in 'not so C*&p' shock!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:32:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Michael LeCount writes:
Bionicle is the first Lego I
have seen to be of interest to children in my class.

That's interesting. What age group are the children in your class?

In lugnet.loc.uk, Michael LeCount writes:
As for the cost £1.75 (£1.49 being the cheapest round here) this is nothing
to many children, it is frightening to see just how much money some children
seem to have.

You seem to be right, judging by the way these things are flying off the
shelves of my local toy stores.

Still, to get 72 masks you will have to buy:
6x Bionicles @£6 each = £36
6x Bionicle priests @£2 each = £12 (due out in April - see shop.lego.com)
60x Mask packs @£1.50 each = £90
A basic outlay of £138, provided you don't get any swaps... like that's
going to happen!

But, what can I say? When it comes down to it I'm just a big kid too. I'm
already imagining building a giant sized Lego football game with a bunch of
Pohatu's! Pohatu is cool, but Onua is cooler! Razor Claw Slashing Action!
Just like Wolverine. Snikt! Maybe if I modify the design to include a
minifig pilot, I could build a gladitorial style arena and have my Bioncles
fight one on one in front of a baying crowd... Please excuse me, I could
just go on and on like this...