 Technic / 9292
Re: New LEGO photos from Toy Fair 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:31:03 GMT

Has anyone else noticed how Lego is now cleverly guiding innocent
create'n'builders surely and slowly into being hardcore technic builders? I
think this is a great move for Technic, as it will guarantee more technic
fans over the years.

Its now possible to go right through all the age groups without touching Jack
Stone, Harry Potter or Bionicle - or even picking up a mini-fig!

I also like the way Technic is integrated with the themes rather than being
in a ghetto up the back of the catalogue. There's old skool style create &
build Technic, Sports Technic (3429, 3545), Racer Technic, SW Technic,
Mindstorms, and Spybotics. What's more, all of these different sets
illustrate a diverse range of building techniques.

Apart from lack of studded beams, when did Technic ever have such an
interesting range and diverse hooks for kids to get into it?