 Technic / 9111
Re: Technic Roll call, who are you folks anyway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:13:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hello!

Out of curiosity I start this thread and hope to bring a few lurkers to the
surface :)

BEGIN Instructions (leave intact)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Always reply at the end of the thread!

Delete all '<':s, replace the data in the filled in form, leave the empty form
in case something goes wrong along the thread.

This way there will be _only_one_ persons data and the empty form in each
message, to keep the bytes down.

If you don't want to give an answer to a certain question, leave it blank
(don't delete it).
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
END Instructions

BEGIN Filled in form (edit his part)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Name: Eric Sophie aka
Nickname: Legomaster, e
Age: 32, 33 - July 31 2003
Sex: Male,I'm trying really hard not to make a joke here. :P
Location: The Garden State - New Jersey
Civil status: Engaged, house, and new paving on my driveway. Hope to procreate.
Homepage/BS-account: http://members.aol.com/mylegomaster/  & mylegomaster.com
ICQ-number: AOL: mylegomaster

Lugnet member number: 1051
Aprox. amount of bricks: I have lots of unbuilt Lego and almost 20 Mecha.
Amount of 9V motors (all types): lost count at 50; new, 4 micro & 6 old.
If you had a dark age, when did you rediscover LEGO?: dark age from 13 to 16
What brought you back? Remembering that I liked to build Cars and Trucks,
Technic and "Classic" Space. Town and Castle too.

Favourite Technic model: 8425  Black Hawk / Sky Stormer
I'd like to se this set re-released: 8425  Black Hawk / Sky Stormer
Favourite part: Technic Turntable
Favourite non-Technic theme: Star Wars, anything SYSTEM.
Is Technic your favourite theme?: Just about everything I make uses Technic.
Buys mostly: Star Wars, anything SYSTEM, a few Bionicles, stuff like Mana.
Builds mostly: Both funtional and non, Robots, bipedal, quadra-ped, Hexapods.
Favourite non-LEGO hobby: Photograpghy, Live Music, Fast Cars.

What do you do when you get a new set? Look at the instructions to make sure
I understand how the model works and to get a quick inventory that's not
always obvious from the front cover. I store the Instructions and pick out
the coolest peices that I know I'll use right away. I only build a model if
I purchased it solely for the greatness of it. Then I use what I can to
build Robots. I store the colors separetly, and ussually try to keep the
bags sealed unless I really need to break the pouch for a special part. Most
of the time I keep a few cool pieces laying about on my desk so in between
doing things I can think about how I can use it and or admire it's newness.

How do you sort your bricks? By Color. When I choose a color(s) to work with
I re-examine the collections and pick out the most useful parts. Stuff like
plates and slopes. Then I look for interesting elements or unussual parts
that give the model character. I then keep the bulk of the color set just
aside while I work with the finer parts and elements that begin the look or
feel of what I am making. I go for things I have only a few of and keep
those close so I use them well and first. I sort by what color I am working
with and then resort a single color into its most useful components. Clear
Plastic Tubs are good and I use Small tray sort drawers.

If you have a SO, what does she/he think of your hobby? Very Supportive.
Understands you get good results from hard work. Keeps me from going to far.
What is too far? Anything that is unhealthy or obsessive.

Good Questionaire, I had to add mine.

Thanks,

http://members.aol.com/mylegomaster/

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
END Filled in form

BEGIN Blank form (leave intact)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Name:
Nickname:
Age:
Sex:
Location:
Civil status:
Homepage/BS-account:

Lugnet member number:
Aprox. amount of bricks:
Amount of 9V motors (all types):
If you had a dark age, when did you rediscover LEGO?:
What brought you back?

Favourite Technic model:
I'd like to se this set re-released:
Favourite part:
Favourite non-Technic theme:
Is Technic your favourite theme?:
Buys mostly:
Builds mostly:
Favourite non-LEGO hobby:

What do you do when you get a new set?

How do you sort your bricks?

If you have a SO, what does she/he think of your hobby?

END Blank form