 Technic / 9059
Re: Technic Roll call, who are you folks anyway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 05:32:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hello!

Out of curiosity I start this thread and hope to bring a few lurkers to the
surface :)

BEGIN Instructions (leave intact)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Always reply at the end of the thread!

Delete all '<':s, replace the data in the filled in form, leave the empty form
in case something goes wrong along the thread.

This way there will be _only_one_ persons data and the empty form in each
message, to keep the bytes down.

If you don't want to give an answer to a certain question, leave it blank
(don't delete it).
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
END Instructions

BEGIN Filled in form (edit his part)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Name: Gordon Bentley
Age: 42
Sex: Male
Location: Perth, Australia
Civil status: Non-married
Homepage/BS-account: None
ICQ-number: None
Aprox. amount of bricks: 8k
Amount of 9V motors (all types): 5; 5 new
If you had a dark age, when did you rediscover LEGO?: Never had Lego as a
child, only clones
What brought you back? Mindstorms

Favourite Technic model: 8480 Space Shuttle
I'd like to se this set re-released: 8480 Space Shuttle
Favourite part: Motor
Favourite non-Technic theme: Star Wars (great for parts)
Is Technic your favourite theme?: Yes!
Buys mostly: Large Technic Sets, Non-Technic to stock up on basic bricks
Builds mostly: Robots, cars, cranes, motorcycles
Favourite non-LEGO hobby: Computers, reading

What do you do when you get a new set?
Build all featured models, try out the mechanisms, etc. Then demolish to
include in ongoing MOCs

How do you sort your bricks? By general type, I don't hve enough yet that
this is a problem. Most of them are currently in MOCs or the large
geologically sorted pile on the floor.