 Technic / 9041
Re: Technic Roll call, who are you folks anyway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:41:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
BEGIN Instructions (leave intact)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Always reply at the end of the thread!

Delete all '<':s, replace the data in the filled in form, leave the empty
form
in case something goes wrong along the thread.

This way there will be _only_one_ persons data and the empty form in each
message, to keep the bytes down.

If you don't want to give an answer to a certain question, leave it blank
(don't delete it).
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
END Instructions

BEGIN Filled in form (edit this part)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Name: Miguel Agullo
Nickname: Tecnic Puppy
Age: 35
Sex: male
Location: The Pijp, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Job: Have held many, mostly dealing with graphic design and computer graphics
Civil status: Happily (and cross-culturally) married, why?
Homepage/BS-account: http://www.geopcities.com/technicpuppy
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=technicpuppy (Brickshelf)

Lugnet member number: 1175
Aprox. amount of bricks: No clue - who wants to count all those black
friction pins? I'd say ~30,000.

Amount of 9V motors (all types): 12 and growing
If you had a dark age, when did you rediscover LEGO?: I dropped Lego for a
while, but quite frankly that period was anything BUT a dark age. Sorry, folks.

What brought you back? LUGNET & LDRAW

Favourite Technic model: RIS, RDS, DSDK, Control Center II plus that new
model with 9 pneumatic cylinders that will come out later this year. Hard to
beat a box with 9 cyls in it.

I'd like to see this set re-released: Control Center II - great complement
to the RCX when building and planning.

Favourite part I use most: There's many good ones out there (hey, I like and
use plently of axlepins!). The one I hate most are the chain tank treads,
which do not work properly due to their faulty design.

Favourite part I love most: Spacesavers like the technic gearboxes or the
technic bricks with open center

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32324

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6585

Favourite non-Technic theme: Mindstorms
Is Technic your favourite theme?: yes, along with Mindstorms
Buys mostly: stuff to complete and complement the existing collection. Lots
of ebay, bricklink. And I ALWAYS look at any pile of Lego on sale, no matter
what theme.

Builds mostly: Obscure mechanisms

Favourite non-LEGO hobby: Reading, traveling, and many other things I'm sure
you'd rather not know about

What do you do when you get a new set? I (generally) build the main model,
then take it apart, sort the parts and throw the empty box away.

How do you sort your bricks? I keep my entire collection in plastic
containers with subdivisions (several box sizes to match several brick
sizes). Each box contains specific elements (i.e. technic bricks, technic
liftarms, slopes, electric elements, pins, etc.)

If you have a SO, what does she/he think of your hobby? Luckily, once she
started to get worried about the size of the collection and the money I put
into it, I received several paid comissions from Syngress media and any
worry from her part dissapeared. Yes, I am very aware of how lucky was that!!!
BEGIN Blank form (leave intact)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Name:
Nickname:
Age:
Sex:
Location:
Job:
Civil status:
Homepage/BS-account:

Lugnet member number:
Approx. amount of bricks:
Amount of 9V motors (all types):
If you had a dark age, when did you rediscover LEGO?:
What brought you back?

Favourite Technic model:
I'd like to se this set re-released:
Favourite part:
Favourite non-Technic theme:
Is Technic your favourite theme?:
Buys mostly:
Builds mostly:
Favourite non-LEGO hobby:
What do you do when you get a new set?

How do you sort your bricks?

if you have a SO, what does she/he think of your hobby?

END Blank form