 Technic / 9067
Re: Technic Roll call, who are you folks anyway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:02:26 GMT

BEGIN Instructions (leave intact)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Always reply at the end of the thread!

Delete all '<':s, replace the data in the filled in form, leave the empty form
in case something goes wrong along the thread.

This way there will be _only_one_ persons data and the empty form in each
message, to keep the bytes down.

If you don't want to give an answer to a certain question, leave it blank
(don't delete it).
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
END Instructions

BEGIN Filled in form (edit this part)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Name: Adrian Drake
Nickname: "Freak" to the .spacers, nothing else of note
Age: 28
Sex: Male
Location: Westlake, OH
Job: Mechanical Engineer, working for NASA
Civil status: married
Homepage/BS-account: http://www.brickfrenzy.com
ICQ-number: don't remember

Lugnet member number: 39
Approx. amount of bricks: about 250,000
Amount of 9V motors (all types): Over a dozen, less than 20.

If you had a dark age, when did you rediscover LEGO?:
    -I never really left, but there was a drought during college when I
didn't build much.

What brought you back?
    -I graduated from college and suddenly had a lot more money.

Favourite Technic model:
    -8480.  So detailed, and such a challenging build

I'd like to see this set re-released:
    -Anything Blacktron

Favourite part:
    -I've become greatly enamored with the click hinge series.  My favorite
single element is probably the 1x1 technic beam, or the 1/2 long technic pin.

Favourite non-Technic theme:
    -Space, Model team, Sculpture, UCS, technic.  Take your pick.

Is Technic your favourite theme?: Occasionally

Buys mostly:
    -Whatever's on sale.  Lately it's been heavy on Star Wars, but in sheer
piece count, it's the bulk tubs I buy most of.

Builds mostly:
    -Well, everything.  I shift focus constantly, from space to technic to
sculpture and back again.  Lately it's been Sculpture.

Favourite non-LEGO hobby:
    -Video games, racquetball (as long as I'm not broken)

What do you do when you get a new set?
    -I'll typically build the main model, but recently I've been buying sets
more for the pieces and haven't really built the sets (especially Harry Potter)

How do you sort your bricks?
    -Heavily.  Probably 95% or more of my pieces are sorted by size and
type.  Some, like the basic bricks and 1x2 plates, are sorted by color as well.

If you have a SO, what does she/he think of your hobby?
    -My wife is very understanding of my hobby.  As long as I stay confined
to the basement, that is.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
END Filled in form

BEGIN Blank form (leave intact)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Name:
Nickname:
Age:
Sex:
Location:
Job:
Civil status:
Homepage/BS-account:

Lugnet member number:
Aprox. amount of bricks:
Amount of 9V motors (all types):
If you had a dark age, when did you rediscover LEGO?:
What brought you back?

Favourite Technic model:
I'd like to see this set re-released:
Favourite part:
Favourite non-Technic theme:
Is Technic your favourite theme?:
Buys mostly:
Builds mostly:
Favourite non-LEGO hobby:

What do you do when you get a new set?

How do you sort your bricks?

If you have a SO, what does she/he think of your hobby?

END Blank form