 Technic / 7025
Re: Truss Joint Construction Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:

For simple truss designs, where the top and bottom chords are parallel,
construction is fairly simple:
http://www.texbrick.com/ideas/truss/truss_ideas.html

My white bridge has joints where up to 5 different members at different
angles are joined together. This makes for a very difficult joint.

Indeed. I did it slightly differently (but same basic idea for my harbour
bridge http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=95722. This was forced
on me by the weight of the arch - not having the symmetric main beams would've
damaged the connection axles, or the holes they went through. When the main
beams are parallel, the beams entering either side can just be joined, reducing
the width by a stud. Of course, I cheated again on my small "truss" bridge,
'cos I wanted to reduce it to 2 studs wide
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=13433.

ROSCO (alias "The bridge cheat!")