 Technic / 7023
Re: Truss Joint Construction Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:18:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
I think I'm going to stop posting soon, two flame-wars originating
from my posts *sigh*

No! No more "good-bye" posts, please.

No harm done, I think. Just the butting of a few heads. It keeps life
interesting.

Could you use the medium pulley and half beams in any way? Something
like this:

But w/o the lock function... This could give a two studs wide
connection type if you skip the 1 x 3 liftarms and use liftarms in
stead of the 4273 Technic Connector Toggle Joints.

You could also use two medium pulley wheels in the center and embrace
them with liftarms, should prove more easy to attach them to the beams
that way. Should a construct and photo this thought or do you follow?
I'm not sure I understand myself :)

One problem could be rotation of the axle with the pulley wheels on,
but that should not be to hard to fix...
/Tobbe

If you solved the rotation problem, then you could work out something with
this. Again, the geometry will be more complicated because the diagonals
will connect at holes not concentric with the center hole (i.e. you won't
have perfect triangles). But it's worth a try!

thanks,
TJ