 Technic / 5757
Re: 8466 4 wheel steering?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:31:16 GMT

"Chris Fenter" <chris@i-axis.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

but of course any solutions that (re)move the differential to an
inboard position have their own 'packaging' problems that have to be
solved: how to fit the diff(s) into a chassis that doesn't become too
long/bulky to be in proportion to its narrow width!

That's just the kind of challenges I like!  Perhaps I should try to grab
one of the 8466 sets.  On the other hand, I kinda like making small
vehicles nowadays.

BTW, can I ask one more question on the 8466 setup?  One problem with
the 8880 setup (from my point of view) is that the wheels can not be
steered too much.  Could you give an approximation to the maximum
steering angle that can be achieved using the steering setup from 8466?
That would be great!

Fredrik